Elections for the Harvard Extension Student Association (HESA) - representing Harvard Extension School students regardless of program and location - will take place online in April. The call for nominations for all elected positions is open as of Monday, March 25th, at 12pm (EDT).
The HESA constitution, including general descriptions of each role, is available online here.
We encourage you to consider running if you are a degree candidate in good academic standing. All positions are for distance students as well as on-campus students. The nomination period for HESA President and Vice President ends on Wednesday, April 4th at 11:59 pm. The nomination period for HESA Directors will remain open until Wednesday, April 17th at noon. Once candidates have been confirmed as degree candidates in good academic standing, the elections committee will be in touch to go over campaign and election details. Nominees for President are expected to meet with HESA's advisor, Ian Jackson, before their nomination is confirmed. Please do not advertise your candidacy until it has been confirmed by the Dean of Students Office.
When submitting your nomination, you will be asked to submit a Statement of Purpose (no more than 300 words), along with a headshot (minimum 400 x 400 px) and a link to a 1-2 minute video introducing yourself, and outlining your reasons for running and what you hope to accomplish in your term on the HESA board. You should prepare these before completing the nomination form.
The full schedule for the 2019 HESA Election is as follows (all times EDT):
- Mon. 3/25 at noon – Call for nominations opens
- Wed. 4/3 at 11:59pm – Call for Nominations closes for President and Vice-President
- Fri. 4/5 at noon - Presidential & Vice-Presidential Election opens
- Mon. 4/15 at noon: Presidential & Vice-Presidential Election closes
- Tue. 4/16: President & Vice-President announced
- Wed. 4/17 at noon: Call for Nominations closes for Director positions; Deadline for unsuccessful Presidential & Vice-Presidential candidates to submit materials for a Director position
- Fri. 4/19 at noon: Director Election opens
- Mon. 4/29 at noon: Director Election closes
- Wed. 5/1: HESA Directors announced
- Sat. 6/1: New HESA administration opens its year
Roles Open for Nominations:
- Director of Club Affairs
- Director of Communications
- Director of Events
- Director of Finance
- Director of Outreach
- Director of Student Affairs
- Director of Technology
To contact the HESA Elections Committee with any questions, contact Ian Jackson in the Student Clubs & Activities Office by email: email@example.com.
The full link to complete your nomination is here: https://harvard.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_40VywSQiF8g5FFr